Neuropsychiatry, Medical Community Network and Discharge Planning
M.D. , Ph.D.
Clinical Psychiatry, Early intervention and rehabilitation for schizophrenia, Community mental health
Neuroimaging in psychiatric disorders, Mental health and neuroscience in adolescence
Japanese / English
Year Institution Degree 1995 The University of Tokyo School of Medicine M.D. 2004 The University of Tokyo School of Medicine Ph.D.
Years attended Institution Training 1995-1996 The University of Tokyo Hospital Internship 1996-1998 National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry Residency
Appointments and positions
Years Institution Title 1999-2003 The University of Tokyo Hospital Instructor 2000-2002 Harvard Medical School Visiting Instructor 2003-2008 The University of Tokyo Hospital Lecturer 2008-presemt The University of Tokyo School of Medicine Professor
Year Certifications 2000 Board Certified Psychiatrist, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare 2009 Board Certified Psychiatris, Japanese Society of Neurology and Psychiatry
- Kasai K: Toward an interdisciplinary science of adolescence: insights from schizophrenia research. Neurosci Res 75: 89-93, 2013
- Inoue H, Yamasue H, Tochigi M, Abe O, Liu X, Kawamura Y, Takei K, Suga M, Yamada H, Rogers MA, Aoki S, Sasaki T, Kasai K: Association between the oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR) and amygdalar volume in healthy adults. Biol Psychiatry 68: 1066-1072, 2010.
- Kasai K, Shenton ME, Salisbury DF, Hirayasu Y, Onitsuka T, Spencer M, Yurgelun-Todd D, Kikinis R, Jolesz FA, McCarley RW: Progressive decrease of left Heschl gyrus & planum temporale gray matter volume in first-episode schizophrenia: a longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. Arch Gen Psychiatry 60: 766-775, 2003.
- Kasai K, Asada T, Yumoto M, Takeya J, Matsuda H: Evidence for functional abnormality in the right auditory cortex during musical hallucinations. Lancet 354: 1703-1704, 1999.
- the Society of Biological Psychiatry
- Schizophrenia International Research Society
- International Early Psychosis Association
- EEG and Clinical Neuroscience Society
- Lancet Psychiatry
- Biology of Mood & Anxiety Disorder
- Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry
1999 Young Investigator's award, Japanese Society of Biological Psychiatry 2008 Young Investigator's award, Japan Neuroscience Society